Wednesday 18 July 2012

Roy Walker..

Its been  a while...

I haven't been to any gigs recently...always on the look out. But i did go to a small gig which my piano teacher, Bernie was playing at, down on the barbican at Blackjacks, which was cool.

The last few months i have been lots more active, walking loads more with my new walking aid. I have named it Roy...see what 've done there...Roy...Walker?! I also have another turnsafe at the gym which means i can get on all the equipment loads easier. I have been using the bike pretty much everytime i go up there and all the resistance machines, and the other day i got my head around the rowing machine.

Carly still comes around and does reflexology for me which is wicked.

I watched wimbledon as always, much to my disappointment, with Andy not winning...he did well...theres always next year.

Summer has been shit so far hey? the wettest ever, which is painful because i need my sunshine.

a couple weeks back i went on a random one to Maker ferstival which was cool. I bumped into some old mates which was cool....Naomi, Nick Markers and Sam....so it ended up being quite a social event! That same weekend I also went to Chris and Nicola's wedding reception and had a good catchup with some old friends...Kemp, Macca, Gooding and Philip McCrack - it was cool...got accused of being a pirate several times as i was on the rum!

My medication has been slowly decreased and I have come of some of the tiring medication which used to knock me out, so my stamina is much better now. I am now mentally preparing myself for my skydive, which will hopefully be sometime in September in Honiton, weather depending. Scary shit!

I have discovered a place in Seale Hayne called Hannahs, which is the same guys as Dame Hannah Rogers in Ivybridge, but bigger and better. Its a little surreal oasis in the countryside. I thought i would partake in some music sessions that happen down there..i have been chatting with a guy called Carl down there who is arranging some stuff for me to do. I have had this wacky idea to see if i could organise a disabled band for a bit of fun and a jam...watch this space. I have met several musicians there with varying disabilities and i'm pretty sure i can work with some of them. there is a guy there who wants to learn to DJ and scratch so I am hoping to be able to help him with that.


I am gonna cut this short now because i am off to do some rowing!

Spinz out

1 comment:

  1. Get on Stuby!! I reckon the band is a wicked idea and you should be sharing some of those skills of yours! Take Care Bro xx

    ReplyDelete